This project is read-only.

exporting the contents of a database only?

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Is there a way to exclude the database creation statements from the resulting file?

Usage scenario: download the contents of database A for loading into database B.
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:04 AM
You could use the --no-schema option to exclude all schema information (database, tables, ...).

But if you want to exclude only the database creation statement, there is no way to do that. You will have to edit the resulting file and remove it there.
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought, just wanted to double check. This may be something you may consider adding to the tool in a future release. Most of our resulting files are over a 1Gb in size, so there's not a lot of editors out there that can open them in order to manually strip that information easily.

I wonder if there's any sort of marker placed in the file after the database creation statements that can be used with command line file manipulation tools (e.g. sed + awk)?
Jan 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM
A --no-create-db option will be added in a future release. But I can't give you any deadline for that release. I am working on a set of changes but I currently don't have enough time to work on it.

Unfortunately there's no end of database creation marker. There's only a section starting marker: a line starting with -- SECTION NAME. You could strip out the section starting with -- DATABASE and ending just before the next section (starting with -- at line start). You could even replace it with your database B creation statement and USE statement.