This project is read-only.

Usage

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hi. Is this project still active?

I want to dump the entire contents of a MSSQL 2005 Developer Edition database to a text file. I tried the following command:

sqlserverdump MyDatabase --server-name=MyComputerName --result-file=dboutput.txt

but I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToke
n=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file
specified.
   at Helvartis.SQLServerDump.Program.run(String[] args)
   at Helvartis.SQLServerDump.Program.Main(String[] args)

Is that caused by me using an incorrect command or is something else wrong?

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM

The project makes use of SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) in order to generate the SQL statements. It will therefore require that library. You should install the Shared Management Objects which you will find in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 Feature Pack. That one has several requirements. It will probably tell you to install the CLR Types (SQLSysClrTypes) first which you will find on the same page. Choose the files from the architecture that matches yours (IA64 = Itanium, x64 = Windows 64 bits, x86 = Windows 32 bits)